Do you want to start a blog the right way? Are your questioning for your self that “how to start a Blog” & How to Create a blogging website”? Here is guidance of about this. We know that starting a blog can be a terrifying thought especially when you are not geeky. we have decided to create the most comprehensive guide on how to start a blog without any technical knowledge.
First, we want you to understand starting a blog is not as scary as many people think. In fact, by following the step-by-step instructions in this guide, you will be able to set up and create your own blog, avoiding pitfalls and missteps that hinder some novices (no technical skills needed).
We hope that by creating your own blog you will gain knowledge, friendships, support, confidence or turn blogging into a lucrative business.
Why Create a blog?
There are many reasons you might consider it. Here are a few popular ones:
- Make money while working from home. I make a full-time income blogging and many others do the same. Making money with a blog is hard work, but the barrier to entry is low, making it very low risk.
- Author a book. It’s no secret. These days, publishers rarely work with authors who don’t have an online presence. The reason is simple: it’s a lot easier to sell books to people who already know you. A blog is one of the easiest places to start.
- Get more exposure for your existing business. A blog gives anyone, from individuals to large companies, the ability to reach a large number of people at very little cost.
- Just write. If you want to write, share your story, encourage others and build a community, a blog is a great place to do that.
The Steps Covered In This Blogging Guide
There’s five main steps you need to go through in order to set up a blog. If you follow this guide and the five steps, you’ll have your own blog set up in 30 minutes or less. It’s nowhere near as difficult as setting up a website from scratch (there’s very little technical ability needed here). In fact, there’s no coding required by you. Good news, huh?
5 Steps on How to Start a Blog
- Choose your preferred blog platform
- Choose web hosting for your blog
- Setting up a blog on your own domain
- Design your blog
- Useful resources for blogging
Step 1 | Choosing your preferred blogging platform
I will make things simpler for you by going ahead and choosing WordPress for this endeavor as it is the most preferred blogging platform worldwide. According to Pingdom, WordPress constitutes for almost 58% of total CMS users across the world. The other options are Blogger, Tumblr and some more which I will delve into some other day. Remember this post is written keeping the feasibility of your objective of starting a blog.
Here are some reasons for choosing WordPress over the other blogging platforms.
- It’s easy to set up and install.
- It offers a ton of themes and customization options.
- Plugins are the actual showstopper which can make both the UI and design of your site an opium for masses.
- The support forum is the best as you will find all your doubts melting away.
- Faster than you can imagine.
This is a very important decision that will foretell a great deal about your blog. There are two types of hosting primarily – Free hosting and self hosting.
Almost all platforms will provide you a free blog instantaneously at the click of a button BUT (it’s a strong but) you will not be able to own the blog totally. Also, your URL will look something like –
There are following dis-advantages of Free Hosting: –
- 1. Complete Theme & Plugin Control
- Marketing Control
- Size & Speed
- Make Money from Your Site
- CMS (content management system)
There are many hosting networks available but personally, I like the Bluehost & Dreamhost and A small orange hosting platforms as their tech support is prompt. For reference, I am leaving the links for you using which you can avail up to 50% discount on these hosting.
Almost all hosting companies give you a free domain as a fair deal which is value for money in the end up paying less than $40 a year.
You’ll need to come up with a domain name you like and also choose a hosting company that can host your blog.
- Domain: The domain is basically the URL of your website. Examples: google.com (Google.com is the domain), Facebook.com (Facebook.com is the domain). See? Simple!
- Hosting: Hosting is basically the company that puts your website up on the internet so everyone else can see it. Everything will be saved on there. Think of it as a computer hard-drive on the internet where your blog will be saved.
Lot of Hosting website is available but I will prefer http://www.bluehost.com/
When it comes to choosing the best WordPress Hosting, I’m bound and determined to find out which company is providing the most value. There are three major components that make up a great host in my opinion, and those are 1) Performance, 2) Knowledge, Speed, and Reliability of Support, and 3) Pricing and the overall product offering.
Design is a continuous process that can take from fewer to a wide array of altercations. When you want to design your website, it is the theme aspect of the WordPress that comes into effect. You can find a number of premium WordPress themes at sites. The advantage of using these premium themes are
- They are easy to install and SEO friendly.
- Amazing customization options for creating menus, widgets and landing pages.
- UI design is both mobile and tablets optimized.
You can choose number of free Design & Template on wordpress & Easy start within 5 minutes.
There are many plugins that, you will come across, which claim to solve your dilemma like none other. But the truth is, in general you will need only a selective number of plugins which will cover your basic concerns. I have compiled a list of all such tools and plugins which are most important for your blog.
- Jetpack –For a number of cool features like sharing buttons,contact forms etc.
- Google Analytics –This tool will allow you to keep a track on your website traffic and much more.
- W3 Total Cache –This awesome plugin will keep your page speed optimum by reducing the page load time considerably.
- Google XML sitemap– This plugin will generate a special XML sitemap which will help search engines to better index your blog.
- iThemes security (earlier Better WP Security)– This will keep your site secure in more than 20 ways.
And that’s it! I now firmly believe that you would be almost close to your initial blog setup and ready to sojourn into this wonderful world of blogging.