BlueHost is typical budget-friendly web host that offers a standard cPanel and LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) setup for people who’re not looking for too many features. With that in mind, let’s take a look at what all features that
they have on offer:
- Free domain (for 1 year) along with your shared hosting plan.
- Feature-packed cPanel integrated with CloudFlare, Page Speed Grader, Google Apps and a lot of other tools. Their custom user interface looks a lot better than the regular cPanel default skin.
- Premium anti-spam solutions built right in cPanel.
- Free, unlimited email accounts for the top-end plan. Email storage is within your total account storage. There are some limits as to how many emails in an hour you can send, so if your site is demanding in terms of sending emails, use some third party solutions like Email Octopus.
- Automatic daily backups for all your website data, and stored files.
- Highly configured servers. Regular hardware upgrades. Replacement parts always ready for quick replacement in case of failed hardware.
- 24×7 Live Chat & Phone Support. The latter, especially, isn’t offered by most shared hosts out there.
- Account isolation technology isolates accounts having websites that consume too much resources, to ensure that the overall performance of the server doesn’t degrade and affect all customer sites on that server.
- Decent level of customization for a shared hosting plan – including SSH (Secured Shell Access), Server Side Includes, PHP.ini and .htaccess modification support.
- Multiple user-access control mechanism to assign multiples users and restrict their access to specific sections of the same hosting account (like one account may access only the billing section).
- Built-in CDN (Content Delivery Network) support with CloudFlare integration. Hassle free setup ensures that all your static resources load faster from CloudFlare’s worldwide CDN network.
- Unique IPs, SSL, and SiteLock protection are some optional features that are handy to have.
- 30-day Money-back Guaranty
- Other features which I probably haven’t noticed yet.
Plans and Pricing of BlueHost Reviews
Bluehost offers five main types of hosting plans:
- Shared hosting
- VPS hosting
- Dedicated hosting
- WordPress hosting
- Cloud Sites
If you are looking for something inexpensive and basic, shared hosting is probably what you need. This is what most beginners and small businesses are shopping for. Dedicated hosting is the most expensive option, appropriate from large commercial businesses that need full control of their resources.
With dedicated hosting, you are essentially renting a physical server. VPS hosting is a middle-ground option where you share a physical server with others, but you have your own virtual operating system, so the server functions as if it is physically yours. WordPress hosting is of course what it sounds like—hosting optimized for WordPress customers. Let’s take a look at the plan tiers for each.
- Starter: Beginning at $3.49 per month, this plan jumps up to $7.99 per month at the regular price.
- Plus: This plan is regularly $10.49 per month.
- Business Pro: This plan is $23.99 per month.
These prices are all pretty good. But with this deal, you can make sure you get the best price! At the Starter level you get one website, 100GB of space, and unmetered bandwidth. You also get one domain, five parked domains, and 25 sub-domains. Additional features include 100 email accounts with 500 MB of storage each, and $50 in marketing offers.
With the Plus or Business Pro plans, you get unlimited websites and unmetered space and bandwidth, which is awesome. You get one domain included, and you can have unlimited parked domains and sub-domains.
Email accounts and storage are unlimited, along with $200 in marketing offers. Plus includes Global CDN and one Spam Experts (over $24 per year in extra benefits).
The Business Pro plan includes up to $180 in annual extra benefits, including two SpamExperts, one SSL, one dedicated IP address, domain privacy, enhanced performance, and SiteBackup Pro.
- Standard: $14.99 your first month, up to $29.99 after that
- Enhanced: $29.99 your first month, up to $59.99 after that
- Premium: $44.99 your first month, up to $89.99 after that
- Ultimate: $59.99 your first month, up to $119.99 after that
These prices are in line with typical costs for VPS hosting industry-wide. The speed for the first two plans is 2 CPU cores, up to three and four cores for the top two plans. You get 30GB SAN storage at the lowest tier, up to 240GB at the highest tier. RAM ranges from 2 GB up to 8 GB. You get 1 TB of bandwidth at the Standard level, up to 4 TB at the Ultimate level. Each tier includes one domain. The Standard tier includes one IP address; you get two with the rest. Every plan is backed by 24/7 support and a money-back guarantee.
- Standard: $74.99 your first month, $149.99 per month after that.
- Enhanced: $99.99 your first month, $199.99 per month after that.
- Premium: $124.99 your first month, $124.99 per month after that.
With the Standard plan or Enhanced plan, you get a 4 x 2.5GHz CPU. The Premium plan offers you a 4 x 3.3GHz CPU. Storage is 1 TB (mirrored), and RAM starts at 4 GB at the Standard level, ranging up to 16 GB at the Premium tier. You get 5 TB of bandwidth at the Standard tier, 10 TB at the Enhanced tier, and 15 TB at Premium. One domain is included with every plan. You get three IP addresses at Standard, four at Enhanced, and five at Premium. All plans are backed by 24/7 service and a money-back guarantee.
- Blogger: $12.49 your first month, $24.99 after that
- Professional: $37.50 your first month, $74.99 after that
- Business: $60.00 your first month, $119.99 after that
- Enterprise: $85.00 your first month, $169.99 after that
These plans are actually quite expensive compared to what some competitors offer (many hosts actually sell WordPress hosting plans at the same prices as general-purpose shared hosting plans).
WordPress hosting on Bluehost is a big deal, however, and one of the company’s most popular services (with more than a million sites hosted by the company).
The top-level Enterprise plan gives you unlimited monthly visits, 240 GB of storage and backup space, 8 GB of RAM and up to 30 sites. You get one included domain and IP address. Along with enhanced cPanel and SiteLock CDN/WAF Pro, you get SiteLock Enterprise and Positive Wildcard SSL.
PROS of using Bluehost Hosting:
All of our in-depth web hosting reviews are based on research and data to provide transparent accuracy.In that vein, Bluehost does have a few good things going for it. The uptime is decent. It’s affordable. And you can get started relatively quick.
Here they are in detail.
1. Somewhat Strong Uptime of 99.94%
Bluehost’s uptime comes in at industry average (99.94%) over the prior twelve months. This is only 5 hours of downtime out of 8760 hours that we had last year..
2. Low Introductory Pricing
Bluehost is also one of the most inexpensive & Cheapest options available, another reason for it’s massive popularity. It’s not the cheapest compared with other hosts, but it is a good price among the most popular options.
3. Good Security Options
Bluehost’s security options are good, offering tools that combat some of the most common website risks.
For example, you can prevent spam with tools like Spatm Assassin, Spam Experts, and Spam Hammer. They support CloudFlare, which helps prevent pesky DDoS attacks that can bring a site down with an overwhelming amount of traffic from different sources.
They also offer hot link protection (preventing people from stealing your images or content), IP address blacklists to block problematic individuals and SSH access for secure web sessions.
4. Many Integrations and Apps
Bluehost also comes with a dashboard full of applications so that you can integrate various services, like Google Apps and the aforementioned CloudFlare, to increase the possibilities of your site.
5. ‘Official’ WordPress.org Recommended Host
Cons of using Bluehost Hosting:
The internet is full of glowing Bluehost reviews. But Bluehost having few Cons Features also.
1. Biggest Problem: Slow Page Loading Time
Speed always matters when you count in terms of online.Even a half second matters, when you consider a technical details about website speed. Bluehost has taken lot of initiatives & improved website speed upto satisfactory level, but still improvement required
2. Customer Support isn’t very Quick.
Juggling over two million sites can’t be easy. That’s understandable.
But waiting over more than 30 minutes (on their peak hours) to get through to their support team isn’t good.
However one positive is that their YouTube channel does contain tons of helpful tutorial videos. So if you don’t mind rolling up your sleeves, it’s probably faster to start there if you have an issue.
3. Smoke and Mirror Pricing
Yes, Bluehost is cheap.
But just how cheap? Well, it depends…
Their super-low introductory rate of only $3.49 a month comes with a few strings attached. Namely, three years worth.Only want to start with 12 months? Your rate jumps up to $4.95 per month.
If you want to start with 1 or 3 months? You can’t. Maybe you should take them up on that three year deal, because a 12-month renewal option of their basic plans jumps up to $8.99 per month.
4. Site Migrations Aren’t Free…
Most of the hosting providers we’ve reviewed will happily help you move an existing site from it’s current location to their service.After all, it’s a quick procedure to get you to switch companies and become their loyal customer for the next few years.
But not Bluehost.They charge a ‘migration fee’ of $149.99 to do something that most provide gratis. And they will not transfer more than 5 sites and 20 email accounts.
5. Not Truly ‘UNLIMITED’
Many hosting providers boast ‘unlimited’ hosting, which of course, isn’t the complete truth. Bluehost is no different.A quick tour of the fine print (in the form of their Terms of Service) reveals the ugly details. See for yourself if interested (or if you’re having trouble falling asleep one night).
The TL;DR version: don’t go over 3GB of database usage or exceed 1,000 databases or they might terminate your account. With, or even possibly without, notice.
6.Shared Web Hosting Packages
Bluehost doesn’t offer month-to-month shared hosting options. Instead, it requires you to sign up for an annual plan. If you sign up for a two-year or three-year plan, you get discounts. If you commit to staying put for three years, the service’s $3.95 per month rate is attractive. That said, those who don’t want lengthy commitments will probably prefer HostGator’s month-to-month options.
Overview on Bluehost shared hosting plans
Bluehost provides three shared hosting options to choose from.
However please note that advertised pricing below is a low introductory rate for a three year term. Rates for shorter plans are more and you can’t get anything lower than 12 months.
Also, the word ‘unlimited’ doesn’t always mean unlimited (as discussed in the last section).
- Basic plan: For $3.49 per month, you get one website max, 50GB storage and ‘unlimited’ bandwidth. You also get 5 email accounts (with a max storage of 100MB each).
- Plus plan: $5.95 per month provides 10 websites, 150GB storage, and ‘unlimited’ bandwidth. You also get 100 email accounts of 500MB each.
- Business Pro plan: Their largest plan comes in at $13.95 per month, providing ‘unlimited’ websites, storage, bandwidth, email account and email storage.
You need to pay for three years at once to enjoy the advertised price for their shared hosting plans. It will cost much more if you choose a shorter duration, and the minimum duration you can pay for is 12 months.
- Free domain? Yes
- Ease of Signup: Easy two page sign up process.
- Payment Methods: Major credit cards and PayPal.
- Hidden Fees and Clauses: The low introductory starting rate for three years minimum (with renewal plans that jump). And that whole, we’ll delete your account if you go over 1,000 database tables or 3GB total database, thing.
- Upsells: Some Upsells But it’s common in the web hosting industry, so don’t worry about it.
- Account Activation: Most users enjoy instant activation for most users. If information is inaccurate or there’s suspicion of fraud, activation might get delayed.
- Control Panel and Dashboard Experience: Simple, easy to use control panel.
- Installation of Apps and CMSs (WordPress, Joomla, etc.): Mojo Marketplace makes app installation quick and easy!
Exclusive BlueHost Coupon for November 2016
BlueHost usually doesn’t like offering too much discount to its users, as the default prices are already very competitive. I still managed to get hold of an BlueHost discount link that offers dynamic discounts for different plans of BlueHost. You just need to click the button below, and your discount will be activated and will work for a month.